WHAT IS VISION PLANNING?
Let our team facilitate a fun and engaging strategy session where we will help you consider and create a clear vision for your child’s best possible life. This vision will guide and direct every other planning decision you make now — and in the future.
If appropriate, your son or daughter with special needs should absolutely be part of this strategy session and involved in crafting the vision for his or her GREAT life!
(You may want to include other family members, friends, and support staff, too.)
BENEFITS OF VISION PLANNING:
The true benefits of creating a Vision Plan are that:
- You will have a clearly defined purpose for creating a special needs plan,
- You’ll know the destination that your planning is aiming for, and
- You’ll be motivated to complete the remaining steps of the special needs planning process to ensure that your vision becomes a reality.
WHAT QUESTIONS WILL MY VISION PLAN ANSWER?
Your Vision Plan will include questions such as:
- What are your hopes and dreams for your child’s abundant life?
- What abilities do you see in him or her that you want to encourage and nurture?
- What does a great life for your child look like now, in 10-15 years, and in 25+ years?
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I UPDATE MY VISION PLAN?
We highly encourage families to update their loved one’s Vision Plan every few years as key details are likely to change over time. Also, when your child is ready, we encourage you to include them in your planning process. It is their life you’re planning for, after all. Thus, it’s important to understand what they envision for their life today and their future.