WHAT IS VISION PLANNING?
Vision Planning is the first essential step toward creating a comprehensive Special Needs Plan.
The ENABLE Vision Plan tool helps you paint a picture of what a great life looks like for your child today, tomorrow, and every day in the future. What this means is—your Vision Plan will describe your hopes, goals, and dreams for your child, as well as his or her hopes, goals, and dreams.
BENEFITS OF VISION PLANNING:
The true benefits of creating a Vision Plan are that:
- You will have a clearly defined purpose for creating a special needs plan,
- You’ll know the destination that your planning is aiming for, and
- You’ll be motivated to complete the remaining four steps of the special needs planning process to ensure that your vision becomes a reality.
WHAT QUESTIONS WILL MY VISION PLAN ANSWER?
Your Vision Plan will include questions such as:
- What are your hopes and dreams for your child’s abundant life?
- What abilities do you see in him or her that you want to encourage and nurture?
- What does a great life for your child look like now, in 10-15 years, and in 25+ years?
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I UPDATE MY VISION PLAN?
We highly encourage families to update their loved one’s Vision Plan every year as key details are likely to change over time. Also, when your child is ready, we encourage you to include them in your planning process. It is their life you’re planning for, after all. Thus, it’s important to understand what they envision for their life today and their future.
HOW DOES THE ENABLE VISION PLAN TOOL WORK?
The ENABLE Vision Plan tool is fully guided and makes it EASY for families to create Vision Plans by chatting with the ENABLE team and walking through a series of interactive questions about their hopes and dreams for the future. After completing the questionnaire, the Vision Plan tool auto-creates a fully designed Vision Plan PDF describing family’s vision for their child’s GREAT life. This document is downloadable and sharable. It is also stored inside the family’s secure, online planning portal. As life events happen and details about their child and their vision for the future change, families can log back into their planning portal accounts and easily edit and update their Vision Plans.