What is Vision Planning?
Vision Planning is the first essential step toward creating a comprehensive Special Needs Plan.
The ENABLE Vision Plan tool helps you paint a picture of what a great life looks like for your child today, tomorrow, and every day in the future.
What this means is—your Vision Plan will describe your hopes, goals, and dreams for your child, as well as his or her hopes, goals, and dreams.
Benefits of Vision Planning:
The true benefits of creating a Vision Plan are that:
- You will have a clearly defined purpose for creating a special needs plan,
- You’ll know the destination that your planning is aiming for, and
- You’ll be motivated to complete the remaining four steps of the special needs planning process to ensure that your vision becomes a reality.
What questions will my Vision Plan answer?
Your Vision Plan will include questions such as:
- What are your hopes and dreams for your child’s abundant life?
- What abilities do you see in him or her that you want to encourage and nurture?
- What does a great life for your child look like now, in 10-15 years, and in 25+ years?
How often should I update my Vision Plan?
We highly encourage families to update their loved one’s Vision Plan every year as key details are likely to change over time.
Also, when your child is ready, we encourage you to include them in your Vision Planning process. It is their life you’re planning for, after all. Thus, it’s important to understand what they envision for their life today and their future.
How do I learn more about Vision Planning?
To learn more about Vision Planning, check out our blog post Vision Planning: What’s Your Vision of a Great Life for Your Child?
Ready to start Vision Planning?
Contact us today!